If you’re brand new to marketing automation, this term refers to the software that enables businesses to automate processes that are driven by systemic, operational, business and marketing needs. This is enabled by creating consistent workflows, and other methods that can integrate with 3rd party-services, data-sources, and various CRM’s such as Salesforce or MS Dynamics to create complementary processes and seamless transitions between Marketing and Sales departments.
- The purpose of marketing automation is to streamline operations, such as:
- Sending emails (marketing, sales, internal)
- Integrating with 3rd-party services in a variety of channels (Social, Webinar, Events, etc)
- Segmenting and targeting customers both at scale, and individually
- Moving leads seamlessly from marketing to sales
SaaS platforms such as Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot, and Eloqua, recognize engaged leads, prioritize them, and delivers a personalized customer experience. Businesses that harness the power of automation generate actionable insights from data and results gathered, leading to higher conversion rates.
Traditional Marketing Tactics Vs. Marketing Automation
Marketers, even today, rely heavily on email marketing tactics to generate results. Sending email blasts to their entire database, over and over again, in the anticipation of increasing conversion rates, may work sometimes, but the reality of the situation is:
- You’ve wasted time marketing to a lead that may or may not be interested in what you have offered
- You’ve wasted valuable company resources and money to accomplish lower engagement rates
- You’ve lost the opportunity to market to a lead that have been more qualified for another product offering
Now, put yourself in your prospect’s shoes for a moment. If you have received an email that was personalized, offering information that is useful to you, tailored to your expectations, wouldn’t you be more inclined to interact with this company?
Recent studies reveals that marketing automation on average drives upto 14.5% increase in sales productivity and a 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead.
The core of marketing automation is to provide you, as a marketer, the ability to humanize your brand and engage your audience on a meaningful level.